The past 15 days
Lawd have mercy! You may be wondering what I’ve been doing for the past 15 days.
All right. I’ll tell you what I’ve NOT been doing
- Cleaning house
- Writing anything that wasn’t a blog or a report.
- Sleeping well
- Eating right
- Carrying on conversations that were highly intelligible.
I have been trying to get my job back on track, which isn’t as easy as it sounds.
- Everything in my office was either cannibalized or thrown out during my 2 month and 8 day retirement.
- I still can’t find my staple remover, a long, skinny thing you use with one hand. I have torn up more than one set of papers trying to use a traditional one.
- And last, but not least, attempting to stay sane while putting together the pieces of a once smooth and orderly job.
I can only hope that if I have to retire again, I’ll do things differently. After all, doing the same thing over and over again expecting the same result is the definition of insanity.
Now, some of you would disagree that I was ever sane to begin with…and according to which alternate universe we’re in at the time, you could be right.
Thank the gods of Alpha Centuri that’we’re not in one of those dimensions where people are allowing Jihadist to pour into their country so they don’t offend anyone.
Yes, next time I’ll do things differently. If I have to retire again, I’m taking my staple remover home with me.